Re: [microsound] affordable field recording mic

On 20 Apr 2004, at 21:36, Biagio Azzarelli wrote:
I'm expecting a new toy in the mail any day.

It's an iRiver iHP 120 hard drive player/recorder.
Kinda like iPod but more capabilities. I want
to buy decent microphone for the purpose of
field recordings but don't know where to begin.

Any suggestions or stores to visit? I live in
San Francisco, CA.

I've been doing field recordings recently, and I bought my mics from:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/

After weighing up portability and quality, I decided to get
a pair of binaural mics.  My idea was that I could just wear them
then go and sit and record everyday situations unobtrusively.

It's not exactly audiophile quality, but I've had a lot of fun
collecting sounds from places like the Tate Modern and the
London Eye.  As long as you can manually adjust the gain
you can get some pretty good results.

--
homepage: http://alex.bash.sh
music: http://noise.me.uk