[microsound] Re: on promo

As a fellow promotor, I completely understand what
Dale is saying.

But as a member of several lists, I find that it's a
fine balance. When it gets to a point that promo
emails outnumber discussion emails, it starts to
discourage discussion.

One of the lists I'm on (ba-newmus or "bay area new
music") has a pretty good solution. The announcement
list and the discussion list are seperate lists. That
leaves a channel completely open for discussion, and
at the same time, membership on the events list is
much larger. (Some folks want to know what shows are
coming up, but don't want their inboxes flooded with chatter.)