Re: [microsound] Re: on working methods for live performance

I had the pleasure of watching Ivan Lisyak perform last night at
disorientation. After about 3 minutes his laptop crashed poor fellow.  He
was working damn hard trying to get that thing back up and working. On a
conceptual level this was an interesting moment: all the hard work minus the
music. The hard work in this instance did nothing for me except to make me
feel a little uncomfortable and deeply sympathetic for that little moment of
hell that he was going through. I much preferred the music which was, after
he was up and running again, quite nice.