Re: [microsound] Re: on working methods for live performance

on 5/13/04 3:05 PM, Kurt Ralske at kranning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> The people of the 21st century must finally understand that we must get
>> rid of all these old ideas of hard working men and all that bullshit. It
>> is time to make our machines work for us so we have time to think and
>> invent.
>
> But thinking (especially thinking new ideas) is hard work too. You can't
> measure the effort in sweat or in hours.

If thinking has been generated from hard work ONLY maybe it will be very
heavy in order to spring something new.

if there is a constant push on hard work you don't give to the people enough
time to think new ideas and make new music.

the use of time, the need for repose  is something that has been forgotten
for good....and this is what I understand from maru's post.

> You don't arrive someplace really interesting by chance. Anyone who is
> conceptually in an interesting place worked hard to put themselves there,
> even if the effort is not visible.

Agree, always there is an effort when an event  takes place......But let's
have as a model the dancer who dances effortlessly....than the man who
preaches  work. Don't forget what the nazis were putting in front of the
camps "Arbeit Macht Fret".

>> It  is time to make our machines work for us so we have time to think and
>> invent.
>
> Yes the possibilities are very exciting,

let's stuck with the possibilites....and do something with them

>but the last few years seem to have
> proved "there's no free lunch".

Sure, if all the energy and the money are going to make wars that is for
sure...there is free lunch only for good obedient soldiers. Not for others.