Re: [microsound] Re: on working methods for live performance

Surely with any instrument, and I include laptops  in this, it's how it's
presented. 2 years ago I saw Coil performing and enjoyed  the performance,
although some of the hippy shit was a bit embarrassing. But the  the thing that sort
of framed the event was Peter Christopherson walking on with  a laptop under
his arm like a closed book, then opening it to begin the  story/process
(whatever). At the end he was the last to leave the stage and the  book was closed
under his arm again. Was that not "engaging" with the viewers?  Simple,
cliched, yes but it worked for me - i could well be simple minded I  suppose and to
use another cliche "it ain't
what yer do...."