Re: [microsound] Re: on working methods for live performance

it still doesn't changing the fact that some DJs are indeed 'just playing
records' while others are clearly operating at higher another level of
musicality. same goes for laptop music. and of course the level of one's fame
is not necessarily proportionate to one's level of talent. many of these
'superstar' DJs are average DJs on a good night. just like the last thousand
years of music, it'll still come down to good musicians and bad musicians,
the talented and the untalented. if indeed the laptop has allowed 'everyone'
to make music within more democratic system, you're still going to see the
same hierarchies emerge, the same ratios. there will just be more good music,
and accordingly, more bad music.

g.