Re: [microsound] book discount

On 17 May 2004, at 10:40, Joe Young wrote:
Just bought a copy of this at Tate Modern in London, for all you UK based
microsounders...

It's a book to dip into and be inspired by. The style of the writing (ie the
form) reflects the content, in a "Cageian" kind of way - if that makes
sense!
The CD is a mix tape of historic experimental music from the archives of sub
rosa.

That sounds interesting... have you got the Anthology of Noise and Electronic Music I & II on Subrosa?

I really enjoy listening to those, and the CD sleeves give some good background on the tracks too.

In many ways I think those CDs go well as a companion to Microsound - Curtis Roads. Especially if you don't have much background on the history of electronic music.

Also, wouldn't it be great to get a bunch of like-minded musicians together at the Tate Modern at some point in the summer? People could bring laptops and have an informal chat on their projects. Might be useful to people who need help on things they're working on.

--
homepage: http://alex.bash.sh
music: http://noise.me.uk