Re: [microsound] Videos and Microsound [the other half of the question]

Alex Young wrote:

The final question is, how do people create videos that reflect the way they
produce sounds?

Since a lot of my work right now involves field recording, contact mikes, and other "close-up" sound capturing, I've been working with my partner Sara Kolster to find its equivalent in video. Sara is way into macro photo/videography [like these ice images Eloy posted!] and tends to use little or no filters, so the images come accross quite clear, but still very abstract and quite related to the sound at the same time. We even built some "video granulators" in PDP to go along with my audio granulators. That is one of the nice things about using PD [or Max/MSP/Jitter, I suppose]--that you can use the same environment to create your video patches as your audio patches, so a lot of the techniques used on sound can be transferred to video as well.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 169: