[microsound] Vienna- tomoroh hidari performance tonight

hi list,

excuse the promotional abuse, don't know if anybody on this list is in vienna or will be here tonight, but guess its worth a try...

my tomoroh hidari personality will do a live performance at a vernissage of a friend's exhibition at one of our city's public libraries this evening.

ALPHABETT< opening: 8th of june 2004, 19.30 GMT --location: Bücherei Wieden; Favoritenstraße 4, 1040 Wien
http://www.akbild.ac.at/index.php?l=de&a=742

based on my friend miriam jessacher's artwork ALPHABETT - graphic collages depicting indivduals reading (a) book(s) their living-environments, the performance will be based on recordings of five people silently reading in their "usual" reading situation (i.e. the chair, couch, bed they are used to read on/in most of the time)
these will be processed to focus on the byproducts of our reading, sounds we usually blend out while reading, focussing on "empirical"  - topics, such as the sounds produced by turning pages, patterns of regularity in these sounds, the passing of time and the parallels of these in the recordings of different persons.
as well as metaphorical thoughts, such as niklas luhman's theory of communication as producing "resonance" between autonomous systems (humans) rather than the transfer of information. literature, lanuage, music are all able to create a consensual space between individuals and are therefore important in the develoment of the social and cultural systems they originate from.
(very drafty thoughts, but my english ain't good enough to translate my concept)

best,
th_ost

th_ost: tomoroh hidari_oliver stummer
alter & ego