Re: [microsound] Gentoo for MacOS

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:35, Alex Young wrote:
> It's also worth noting that the applications that Niklas says "never
> quite ran on OS" are
> actually running on os x when used with these systems.  Gentoo for Mac
Weeeeellll, debatable. There's loads of software that doesn't quite run,
or only runs in a seriously crippled or old version (gnomemeeting,
mplayer, scribus, ...). Plus the debian-like system has the same problems
I stated in my other mail.

and: wouldn't it be nice to be able to have all the nice ladspa-plugins
plus ardour running on OS X? With gentoo on OSX we have the chance of
getting a fully GNU-compatible toolchain, hopefully making it possible...

Cheers,

Niklas
--
Computer Music PhD-student