Re: [microsound] Droid3

Arie van Schutterhoef wrote:

looks interesting although seems marketed towards electro producers and
sounds a lot like the SIDstation...
http://abildgard.com/en/droid-3

"Mode 1: 10500 Hz, 8 bit, Mode 2: 13300 Hz, 8 bit,

Quite a crappy sampling-rate.
Low-tech at its worse...
When I remember right it is built around a microcrontroler and uses its buildin d/a converters hence the odd frequencys.
It should be cheap, such a chip costs ca. 5$. They are no DSPs so they lack dedicated assembler commands (for instance for fft), but with simple alghorhythms and limiting yourself to 8bit they can (digital) rock!

A simular project is the rozzbox:

http://www.rozzbox.de

but I recommend getting a developer board, hooking up to music-dsp mailing list and create your own lowtech synths ;)

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner