Re: [microsound] the great depression of experimental music?

> I'll let all the opinion wanking go unabated but
> this is simply not
> true.
>
> to quote Robert Fogel's The Escape from Hunger and
> Premature Death:

ahem, and i'll let that little bit of name-calling
childishness go as well....

....but back to your point. Interesting. I will have to
check out the book as it contradicts *nearly*
everything I have read on the subject in the last
twenty years (though, the bulk of my readings in the
area are from a sociology, history or anthropological
standpoint rather than a *purely* economic one).

Note two things though, he was student of George
Stigler, widely regarded but there are maney people
(including myself) who are highly skeptcical of his
brand of economic analysis. Second would be that nobel
prize=genius=always right is not the worst philosophy
i've heard of in life, but its certainly is not one i
would choose to follow. That said, I do think one
should not turn a deaf ear to anyone who has won the
prize either, so I will pick up the book. thank you.

lance