Re: [microsound] the great depression of experimental music?

> Do you really
> prefer a CD than sitting in the concert hall (or
> whatver venue of
> preference) and listening to the music?

I think its a different kettle of fish there, but I'll
take the bait anyhow....

Yep, I sure do enjoy it more than the concert hall.
Blech, and expecially th 'concert hall'. Talk about
recent inventions. the fat that we should sit
dumbfounded in uncomfortable seats and stare at people
producing noise on a (usually elevated or distant)
stage is only a couple hundred years old. And talk
about CONSUMERISM! How much do you pay for a truly
ephemeral moment like a concert? More often than not,
it isn't free (nor should it be).

But, I fully respect those who prefer the concert
instead. I do tend to think of the concert setting as
pretty much 'historical residue' whereas the mass
distribution of variously reproduced and transmittable
music is very new and we've hardly explored it yet.

That said, from a purely sonic standpoint, live *can*
sound better, but it isn't an *always* thing either.
There are always a lot of variables involved that
could ruin the entire thing.

lance