Re: [microsound] early cd skipping

I am very interested in your point... many times in latinamerica we come to things that just cannot be circunscribed in the
"global" media/communications circuit, even in the times of internet, so our history tends to be a patchwork of local anecdotes and folklore,
plus some really learned guys who again have a mostly very academic circle which renders their valuable insights almost null by lack of
quorum.

A lot of music experimentation and local production is invisible to the rest of the world... and I assume it will be the same in
other parts of the world that a) don't speak english as their main language and b) are developing their economy. This is just the opinion of a musician
but I think that "history" nowadays is defined by the economically prevallent english speaking countries, which is not to say that lots of things are not happening in other parts and go largely unreported. So I would place very little importance on concepts like "innovation" as this is hard to define in view of what I wrote above. It seems that things "don't exist" till you guys "discover it", since you have the means and the economic/political stability to diffuse your art and critically reflect upon it. Don't get me wrong, I for one am grateful that somebody can do it !! it's just that sometimes I wish statements were a bit less pretentious and more open as a recognition to the musics we(you) don't yet know.

all the best,

Julio.