Re: [microsound] fc4 and ibookg4

there is nothing professional about AVID - at this point in time - that
makes any better, especially considering the outragous prices. maybe a
decade ago it was the standard, but no longer. the only thing keeping AVID
in business is pro tools, and they too are arguably a dinosaur whose time
will soon come as well... i work in a digital post house and we dumped our
AVID ages ago and couldn't sell them for anything.  i mean, we're running
progressive scan, uncompressed HD footage perfectly with a G5 and final cut
for greenscreen compositing... it doesn't come any cleaner than that... and
it looks simply wonderful and without the compression or interlacing issues,
it's a real dream to work with digitally, especially in terms of
compositing... then again we've got something along the lines of a terrabyte
of storage for the video...

graham miller

creative director | aries-communications.com