Re: [microsound] thoughts on the 56k chalenge and other things

Hi,

An honest question (not trying to prolong a flamewar):

what is it about this challenge that appeals to people (I know the reasons
that some list members don't like it)? Is there some usefulness in being
able to make small sounds/scores? Do people expect/hope to find some
creative tactics that could be used elsewhere? Or is it the creative
challenge itself, separate from anything that might be learned from it?

Like I said, its an honest question, not intended to find fault or
anything. Just trying to understand the appeal.

/sean