RE: [microsound] Lemur!

> So is art reduced to craft when skilled manual use of tools are
> involved? If that's the case, then there's a lot less art and a lot
> more craft out there than I thought. Since the sound is the art, how
is
> the person directly creating the sound not an artist? See below for
> some elaboration on this.

There might be a lot more craft than art about depending on your taste.
:)

The person is the artist but the process of creating the art does not
have any intrinsic aesthetic content. That is, the difficulty of the
instrument is an absurd criteria on which to base aesthetic value. Taken
to its logical extreme, we would then be forced to conclude that the
harder an instrument is to master the better is the art. Therefore in
order to make the best art we should make the instruments as primitive
and difficult as possible. Which is nonsense. And therefore ascribing
technique to the realm of aesthetics is also nonsense. :)

 Noel Peters