Re: [microsound] Lemur!

th_ost writes;

> anyway, incorporating this into a guitar(-ish interface) at a more serious
level might be cool.
> i would suggest the option to have a set of short strings for the right,
strumming/picking hand though, and try to built in some
movement/picking/whatnot detection there.

Suzuki did a updated version of their omnichord that´s not that far from
what you propose. I was planning to get one untill I realised that while it
has a touch sensor for strumming and a midi out it does not output velocity
(??!!).

My new plan which still needs a fair amount of soldering is having a little
object (I´m using a tennis ball) with movements sensors for one hand to do
such things as struming and damping (I have two axis there) and using a
Theremin antena (finished) for the other hand for pitch. This will be the
best fretless air-guitar ever, or so my plan goes. The only problem is that
I´m currently borowing a normal electric bass and can´t realy play that
either so this will need lots and lots of practice  :¬).

Because my tenisball/pick also has pressure sensors I´m hoping to be able to
controll structures within the note in ways not available on normal stringed
instruments which nicely brings us back to microsound.

Yours,
Kas.