Re: [microsound] noise to signal & CONTENTS ONDA SONORA 09/03/05

i have been enjoying list discussions and tech updates
as well as mp3 links and show announcements and
playlists as it helps me to move in the direction of
the people interested in this field and thus into new
idea formations and sound possibilities. all of it
counts for me. and i hope to see it remain spontaneous
and open...

it occurs to me now that since some of us are actually
reading the playlists that i wanted to comment on a
recent posting about my music by the people at onda
sonora, who i thank graciously for being interested in
my music. i wanted microsound readers to be aware that
the statement

"This work (The Only Escape Is A Dream) was recorded
> during several performances in New Mexico and it has
> been edited and mixed later on by Gburek for this
> release in his Orphan Sounds label"

does not reflect the way the music was realized. I use
throughout this CD field recordings made in numerous
places in New Mexico. This material is transformed in
real time using analog and digital signal processing.
In addtion, the recordings are indeed used as
compositional terra firma (or terra infirma) upon
which sounds from prepared guitar and other devices
are layered or intercalated to create electro-acoustic
atmospheres. All of these recordings are the result of
improvised sound sculpting, often included live noises
from guitar, direct to DAT, and later transfered to CD
with little or no editing. In no case was any a live
performance. Unless you consider the field recordings
live performances. The field recordings are indeed
used in live performances by Djalma Primordial
Science, but each time they are used very differently.

again, i thank the folks at onda sonora for playing my
music and i write these comments only to clarify
matters. i thank you for your work in this music.

european listeners can find the cdrs through metamkine
in france and through erstwhile records in the usa.

best, jeff gburek  www.djalma.com

--- Onda Sonora Radio <ondasonoraradio@xxxxxxxx>

=== message truncated ===