[microsound] Obsessed with our tools ;)

To bring it back on-topic a little, it seems unavoidable that there can
no longer be any discussions of technique that don't keep coming back to
tools and interfaces again and again. Have we become obsessed with our
tools to the detriment of our aesthetics? Is music making just
unthinkable now without reference to the specific tool which will be
used to carry out the musical ideas?

Instead of ignoring the damn fiddles like Beethoven, we spend most of
the time obsessing about them... ;)

~David

I can imagine a conversation between romantic composers about which city's orchestras were able to realize their vision better than others (though I don't think they had a discussion list).