Re: [microsound] process and preset [was: Re: [microsound] ovalprocess - Average laptop geek?]

It's real hard to come up with specific rules for these sorts of
things. Personally, I approve of this guy splashing red paint all over
this thing, because I think it's funny and because based on what I've
read about the pieces in question, I don't think too much of them.
("The Rape of Creativity"? C'mon now. I did like the Chapmans' chess
set a lot, but any artist that claims they're out to "destroy" an art
form reeks, in my opinion, of bullshit.) Would I think the same thing
of the act if this guy were fucking up an original art piece that I
had respect for? Probably not. Though, if his execution (no pun
intended) was funny (artful?) enough, I'd have more respect for it.
After all, these things are temporary, and attachment always causes
suffering, and all that jazz.

It would be relevant to note that people who put their art on the
street (graffiti, stencils, stickers, etc.) expect it to get taken
down very quickly by city workers, if not by other street artists.

This is all pretty off-topic, here.

-QF8
http://scatterbrain.raygunarmy.com/