Re: [microsound] ovalprocess - Average laptop geek?

this is all very true, but the point being made about
preset founded music, is that it's lazy.  and boring.
this is something i think many people would like to
keep distanced from electronic  music, and mainly any
genre of music.   people are protective of their
insulated and particular music communites, and
rightfully so; when some jerk immitates a good sound,
and thinks he can be down with warp records or
kompakt, and the sentiment begins to feel like
something sacred is now being commodified and the jerk
making crap music is now making everyone look bad.
so you counter balance by demanding a higher concept
and craft from your peers in your music community.
this helps keep the radio hounds and record executives
from stealing something precious from you and your
friends, that you've worked hard to build.

down with announcents,

b/g