Re: [microsound] process [was :new autechre]

> ...Caught between embodiment and abstraction, the
> process of
> commodification is not simply "flawed." Rather the
> very attractiveness
> of consumer commodities in some sense arises out of
> their uncanny
> INABILITY to reify completely the materials upon
> which they draw."

as a corollary of sorts: what is attractive operates
as a function of our alienation but more importantly
the untransformed part of the material retains our
desires...i am not sure...could it be that the
unreified aspect of the materials summons us
creatively, rather? music in practice is process.
certainly you can collect cds and scores. but those
are only results... an unfortunate habit we have
developed to focus on these things.

jg