Re: [microsound] Mac sequencing programs

I used Logic for a while, and found it to be a fantastic sequencing tool. It had a steeper learning curve than most sequencers, but when I established some skills with it, I definitely felt it helped me step up the quality of the work I was doing, made me more attentive to detail, etc. You'd be stuck using VST's, and things you can pipe midi into, which is a bit of a limitation. I've done some sequencing in Digital Performer, and it seems to be quite powerful, though what DP really excels at is handling pre-recorded audio (wav files, etc), mixing it etc.

- Scott Carver