[microsound] Re: microsound Digest 3 Jun 2005 16:58:56 -0000 Issue 1425

> aphex is rather an example of pop-cultural overestimation, than that
> great a "composer"... he surely had a great impact/influence on fields
> of electronic music, but basically he's just an innovative techno
> producer...=20

An anedocte which I find very funny. On an Italian magazine Aphex Twins
declared his wish to do something with Karlheinz Stockhausen "before he
dies" (yep, he said that), and that some accord was going to be. While I was
attending at a masterclass about Oktophonie by Karlheinz Stockhausen,
someone asked about this announced collaboration. Karlheinz Stockhausen
answered that yes, he and Aphex Twins sometimes shared the same bills, but a
collaboration is impossible because Aphex Twins is not a tought musician...

          Claudio Parodi
          cla.parodi@xxxxxxxxx