[microsound] Re: microphone

That Rode NT4 mic does look quite nice, and supposedly
has can take an SPL of up to 143 db.  That's a pretty
insane for a small diaphragm condenser mic, louder
than anything I could ever imagine trying to capture.
The sensitivity could also be a handy advantage if you
are making a lot of really quiet recordings.  Whether
or not the mic is worth double what the AT822 sells
for (200 compared to 450) depends on what it is you
are recording and in what context it will be used.
Oh, and to answer someone's question from earlier,
yes, I use a portable DAT recorder (no compression!)
However, I have heard some good results from MD as
well, which has the advantages of being cheaper,
smaller, and more accessible media.