Re: [microsound] chuck or supercollider ?

hi, after some years of working with dataflow languages like max and pd
i decided to learn a new programming language for music. Im very
interested in chuck and supercollider.... before deciding one i would
like to listen opinions from people that have used them. which language
is more powerful? which one has more posibilities for music creation -
synthesis? chuck or supercollider?

Seems to me that it would make more sense (and be helpful to the communities for each language) to try to extend an environment like pd (especially since it's more or less an open project) or max/msp since you've already put years of time into them. Learn to code some new externals that open up new possibilities.

It seems to me that you would be taking a step backward to start from scratch with something else -- unless you've hit some kind of intrinsic shortcoming or barrier to the further development of your work. If that's the case then you perhaps would have some more specific criteria you want to meet and that would help you decide on starting with a new language.

nicholas d. kent
http://technopop.info/ndkent