Re: [microsound] Re: Documenting sound installations

Stefan Tiedje wrote:

I agree, any documentation needs imagination to imagine how the real space was, and documentation is always missing crucial parts.
Sometimes imagination works better if the capturing is limited.

I suppose it depends on who you are aiming to reach with the release, most people dont have
two stereo's or if they do you cant rely on them being similar enough in size sound etc for any
multi-speaker sound-placement to actually work. (not to knock the idea, its a wicked concept)
I thing there's a lot to be said for phase-placement of sounds with stereo, As with binaural microphones, what you need to simulate is the phase differences occurring between/around your ears
as if you were present in the room. Maybe you could do a mix for headphones, and give people
instructions to find a room of the same propotions and get a feel for the space that way.

-bobby