RE: [microsound] protools and m-auudio - question?

Protocols le ships with it's own audio interface, the mbox, 2 channel in/out
24b/48khz with an spdif in/out as well, the m-audio option is that you buy
protocols m-powered, with a supported m-audio interface, the software is the
same(my understanding) the difference is the hardware interface......