[microsound] re. visual artists - PBK

Interesting topic. It's already proven that many post-modernist musicians
have strong backgrounds in visual art theory & practice.

Long before working in the sound sphere, I was very active in the visual
arts. Attended university at NMU, majored in art/philosophy, mentored by the
German sculptor, Wolfram Niessen. Also attended CSU San Bernardino and
exhibited my work around the LA area in the early 80's. My paintings from
that time could be described as "neo-expressionist" which was a very popular
style then. But I aspired towards total abstraction and couldn't break
myself away from "image". That was what led me to the use of sound. Sound
was the perfect medium of abstraction. Soundscapes were painted with sonic
pigment: noises were like stabbing brushstrokes, drones were textures,
melody contained colours... Sound, for me, was a unique way of abstract
painting.

PBK

Some samples of my visual art can be seen here:   http://pbk.deviantart.com/

PBK Info, etc.: