Re: [microsound] studio monitors

Hallo,
p jørgensen hat gesagt: // p jørgensen wrote:

> Thanks to everybody for the advice.
> Especially Graham for taking the time to write a lot more than "just"
> hyperlinks.
> Not that I don't appreciate the other answers.
> ogsaa en dansk tak til Sofus :-)
>
> the mackies might be a bit to expensive for me though (around 2500$
> here in denmark).
> I'll keep searching.

You also can get "fake Mackies" made by Mackie for their budget line:
Tapco S5 or Tapco S8: http://www.tapcoworld.com/

When I was monitor shopping I got myself a pair of the S8 speakers in
the end. I think, they are really nice and get the job well done.
According to the reviews I read people with better ears than I have
also like them.

In their price range they are among the better monitors in my opinion.
But beware: The S8 monitors are really huge and loud beasts, so you
better have a room that is big enough as well.

Ciao