Re: [microsound] studio monitors

On 29 Mar 2006, at 04:04, migraine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

terrific advice. i have the hr824's and theyre very tough to get an ear for. had them for over a year and im finaly starting to grasp what they deliver. theyre so accurate its almost confusing. but lately my mixdowns are sounding better than they ever have because of them.

Takes a while to get the hang of any new speaker, in a moment of madness I went and blew a lot of money on a pair of Genelec 1032s which are amazing, but my mixes still sucked for two years. Just about cracked it now, well it's a lot better anyway.

J.

ps. We had some 824s in the studio sat on top of the Genelecs at one point and it was difficult although not impossible to tell the difference but you don't get a lot more quality for an extra grand and a bit.