Re: [microsound] an age of immaterial reproduction

I think the ever changing technology is bringing some great things.
I'm starting to see a change between dj-ing and live performance.
Back in the days you had to get test pressing of your track on test plates
(not to mention cost)
When and if you released a record unless it was on any chart how did you
know it was ever played?
With today's web, you could do a net label release, get some feedback
and possibly find it on a playlist. With software like the latest Traktor
you have 4 decks to mix from. At that point you don't even have to play the
whole mp3!
Are you alternating the mix or the track itself???? Things are changing!

Cheers!
phoen+