Re: [microsound] How long should a "digital" album be

from my experience, i once decide, many years ago, i wouldn't keep tracks i
didn't like. therefore, i usually just save a few tracks from an album, so
the 'album' concept has been erased from my vocabulary. i think eps are a
more fair format for todays hurry. my 5 cents.

On 6/26/06, Paul Buckley-Jennings <p.b-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is probably an old debate...
>
> I notice that when I'm working on a project it always seems to be complete
> when I've about 60 mins of material. This is obviously conforming to an
> "album" length based on the storage space on a CD. But the distribution
> and
> consumption of music now seems to be more "digital" based. For example, on
> my MP3 player I have say 40% of one album, 70% of another and a few things
> I've downloaded. Also as more material becomes available on a track by
> track
> basis, the 60 minute album seem more like a convention based on an old
> medium. What should be the "natural" length of a project, do you think?
> Will
> we move to a scenario where projects have their own duration depending on
> the individual ( maybe several minutes, maybe several hours).  Or is 60
> minutes or so ingrained in our consciousness as the "right" length?
>
> Paul

cHristian negre i walczak
--
+34 69 76 69 009