Re: [microsound] Re: the system that works for the great deal of people

This is exactly the point that I made before.. A lot of writing fails to
take into account the human element - we're fallible beings and we're
unpredictable.

Simon.

On 17/7/06 9:34 AM, "Jason Hollis" <contact@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That has little to do with capitalism as such, or communism as such, and
> everything to do with man's shortcomings as a being.
>
> Anyone can be greedy and defraud/enslave their fellow human.
> Anyone can be cruel and powerhungry.
>
> Just ask the poor souls in the capitalist pig sweatshops.. or those that
> lived under a communist system.
> Each are/were equally enslaved by an elite class that oppressed them and
> took the majority of the wealth generated for themselves.
>
> Only in a system where the societys mechanisms (government, business, etc)
> are culpable for their actions, where accountability can be enforced by the
> people, is there any hope of social justice.   And I've said my peace on
> that if anyone cares to read back.
>
> What a given social system looks like on paper usually has little to do with
> how things actually operate:
> We are still on a biological level intelligent predators with a heirarchal
> social structure, and most people still behave that way to some degree.
>
> More power to those that attempt to find better ways to be.
>
> ~ !J!
> http://www.endif.org
> http://www.crunchpod.com
> http://www.thirdwavecollective.com

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms

Wednesday nights / 10pm - 12am
102.7 FM / www.rrr.org.au
Melbourne / Australia
simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx