Re: [microsound] beware the decibel...

Well .. that's hardly a fair comparison but I do work in computer
animation for a living and the subject of eyesight is an issue ..
fortunately LCD's are far less hazardous to vision than CRT's and have
become widely accepted if not preferred in most workplaces.

There was a time when CRT's gave me a headache.. for example looking at
the CRT after returning to work from a vacation... or maybe it was just
returning to work .. who knows..

As far as I know there is nothign about painting that will cause you to
lose vision unless maybe you get an eye full of turpentine.

The two loudest and most painfull concerts I have ever been too were
AC/DC and then years later Merzbow. Both caused a week of ear ringing..
which I don't wish to experience again.