Re: [microsound] 4th red flag

well capitalism also manufactures much of those "wants and needs" as
well... i think free markets are great... but this assumption that
there is one, that's what throws me... that this here big 'ol global
free marketplace has not been pretty much locked up for most of recent
history, and that "inviting" the rest of the world now that we've got
all the rules pretty well squared away... thats not really free, now is
it?

how about a fun new microsound project wherein we "seed" MySpace with a
manufactured virulent meme/artist/jingoistic slang thingy and see how
long it takes before we see it rise to the surface through use on some
tv commercial or sitcom. create a database of "sightings" to track its
movement through the culture-sphere.

On Jul 12, 2006, at 11:21 AM, rick derris wrote:

>  likewise capitalism is stupid because it appeals to the wants and
> needs of common people (obviously stupid)
CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow
"it's only a day away"

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.

http://www.commtom.com