Re: [microsound] worship the decibel...

I maybe a computer musician but I have been a metal (death, grind, black,
everything) fan since the eighties, I know pretty well what volume is
about.

Yet, I know there's a huge difference between dynamic loud volume and
constant loud volume. The second is a lot more painful and unbearable.

I once attended to a show that includeded noise artist Zibgniew Karkowski.
I couldnt stand it for five minutes. The layers and layers of noise at
what seemed near to 100 dB SPL. Some people tried laying on the floor. I
directly got out of the room. Also, I saw that al he was doing was mixing
some pre recorded CDs so the preformance itself was not so interesting.

Hernan

www.cooptrol.com