Re: [microsound] Take Rafael Toral elsewhere?

the press info stated -

... but this sounds like
the blueprint for a new approach to both jazz and
electronics with a single
stroke

it's not jazz...it's just...damn, it's just you wish he'd never let his label state such nonsense. it's hard to listen to things, especially when the guy was always good, when he's letting people talk his work up to a degree that he will never reach. that's not a diss to him, but seriously - how many people are really creating new approaches to jazz these days? not many i'd wager, and certainly not Mr Toral with this release.

I hasten to add, it's by no means terrible. It's not blowing me away, nor making me that excited to give it a repeated listen (which i am as we speak) but it's not terrible.

-d