Re: [microsound] the power of sound

Perhaps people comitted suicide when they got the credit card bill?

It reminds of those brain machines in the 90's - same basic premise I think - small led's blinking at certian frequencies straight to the eyes.

Now if we could combine the low-frequency digestive-disrupter with those Japanese cartoons mentioned elsewhere - could we create a audio-visual weapon??

From: Rod Stasick <rod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [microsound] the power of sound
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:03:43 -0500

On 2006 Oct 23, at 8:29 AM, P BJ wrote:
How was the dream-machine BTW - I seem to recall some scaremongering article about it being linked to suicides (Kurt Cobain had one apparently). Presumably you made it through unscathed.

Hahahaha - yes, I heard about those "effects" too. I think the only danger of death would be puking yer guts out while watching it. It was VERY expensive - WAY too expensive - did I say that it was EXPENSIVE? A couple of hundred bucks for basically a hunk of cardboard with slits in it that you stuck on top of your turntable... but it was Gysin, you know... Don't know who was behind the marketing/rip-of of it, but, oh well...

--- Now Playing: feed://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/rostasi/recenttracks.rss

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters