Re: [microsound] politics of digital audio reflux

Analog is not freedom for poorer folks.

Owning the means of production is freedom. Digital allows the greatest
access to the means of production, because you can either use open
source or steal all the software you need, and a 2nd hand computer can
be obtained dirt cheap. For instance, when I killed my laptop (with a
spilled glass of wine! zzzzfhjkfdgpfft...) I bought a $50 computer and
have managed to already produce 3-4 hot tracks. People are shocked
when I mentioned I produced them on a $50 Dell with a PIII.

How much, on the other hand, does analog gear, say mixer + tape
recorder + tape, cost?

~David