Re: [microsound] iPhone iSux

Word to that. Anybody who makes music using a 'bourgeois' Mac on
equally bourgeois Max/MSP/Jitter shouldn't be complaining about this.

~Kyle

On 1/16/07, aleks vasic <bvasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Its innovative.  There is no doubt that the user interface is uber
intuitive.  Tech idiots will gobble this phone up for the sheer
simplicity of use. Allowing the user a powerful device chock full of
features that are easily accessible for all.  Mac also has a great
track record in regards to quality/hardware. Now Compare the price of
the iPhone to that of a Treo and the difference is negligible.  More
features and easier to use.  I think a lot of people are excited about
the phone for good reasons.

I use both platforms as they have their pros and cons, so i am not a
Machead.

Including my self, this whole list is a bunch of whiners, we need to
chill out and stop being so fickle.

aLEKs

On Jan 16, 2007, at 6:39 PM, David Powers wrote:

> I don't understand what's so great about an over-priced phone; if you
> can't code for it, then it doesn't seem like something of interest to
> artists. If you could make some kind of musical interface ala Lemur,
> that would be of great interest, but otherwise, it really seems
> irrelevant to the list. The over-reaction of people to the iphone
> bashing by those who seem to have some kind of Mac fetish is
> hilarious, I must give Mac credit for its marketing at least.
>
> ~David
>
> On 1/16/07, shift8 <shift8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> well, that's a given :)
>>
>> but really - Jason's response was holier-then-thou crap that was
>> mostly
>> false.  Kim's initial post was a bitchfest (but at least mostly
>> true...)
>> about a new device that kicks ass for a number of reasons even if you
>> can't program it (you can't, at least not now) or get it for verizon
>> (you can't, at least not now) or that it uses drm (it does, and that
>> *does* cause problems - if you don't use the right os, for instance)
>>
>> it still pushes the boundaries way out for this kind of consumer
>> device
>> - multi-touch interaction, gestures, environmental sensors, you name
>> it.
>> at the very least it'll put pressure on other manufacturers to give
>> this
>> kind of functionality :_) and i'm just as disappointed that you can't
>> code for it because all of those features make me want to code for it.
>> give it time, and i'm guessing you will be able to - maybe they'll
>> sandbox the cellular components so that imaginary melt-down scenario
>> sounds less likely then it already does, for instance.
>>
>> oh, and i wrote this on an all organically grown, assembled by an
>> Australian Pygmy co-op, cooled by the pyramid crystal power laptop.
>> did
>> i mention it's free trade?
>>
>> Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:05 -0800, shift8 wrote:
>> > what a bunch of drivel this whole thread is.

>> Asia of
>> toxic
>> river.

>> or later.