[microsound] Job announcement opportunity

Hi all.
Just wanted to let you know about the following job advertised here:
http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/browse/education/academic/vacancy-1245001.html

We are keen for applications from anywhere in the world.

the post is very creative, flexible and is mainly a role to help develop the
new master's course called Creative and Computational Sound. The units in
the course use Max/Msp/Jitter etc. One specific research interest is in
"microsound" though we are open to a wide gamut of activity interests.

Feel free to ask me any questions, best Pere Josep

Senior Lecturer in Music & Sound Technology - Creative Technologies
University of Portsmouth
*Location: *Hampshire & Isle of Wight
Salary: £31,525 - £38,772
Date posted: 2 Jan 2007
Closing date: 19 Jan 2007

Creative Technologies

£31,525 - £38,772

The Department of Creative Technologies undertakes teaching and research in
an exciting and popular range of subjects including Computational Sound,
Music & Sound Technology, Entertainment Technology, Computer Animation,
Digital Media and Computer Games Technology.

We are further developing the areas of Sound Technology especially at
post-graduate levels, particularly in the area of sound design, computer
music programming, composition and sound for mixed media, interfacing and
interactivity in computer music.

We are looking for new skills in electro-acoustic music and composition,
sound design and advanced sound synthesis, sound to film, computer
programming using graphical dataflow languages such as Max/Msp/Jitter and
someone with experience in collaborating with colleagues across a range of
digital art disciplines.

Quoting ref: AFCC 0135/G.

Pere Josep Villez
Course Leader