Re: [microsound] children of men/futuristic music

The house alarm was fantastic - I want it.
About the "zen music" - it sounds to me alot like some of the music out
there now, you know, the noisier stuff. I was thinking that maybe it wasn't
future music so much as current stuff that young people will find soothing
in old age. In high school I would listen to Slayer to nap in the afternoon.
21 years from now I will be 54 years old, will I still be listening to Naked
City to relax? maybe. Will my grand kids think of John Zorn the way I
thought of Glenn Miller? When that scene came on I thought the music was
really cool and I wanted to hear more - my roomate leaned over to me and
said "god, thats awful". Maybe Michael Cains character was just an art-punk
in his youth. Of course zen music isn't really all that easy listening
anyway with all the "random" bell clanging and such - So maybe it is just a
future idea of the music buddhist monks will be producing eventually. I
dunno, it was a really cool moment though.