Re: [microsound] ...theillusionoftheend...

Well, for starters, it seems to me that almost all DSP based music
production would in fact be the production of pure simulacra as
defined in "Simulation and Simulacra" ...

However, there is one interesting aspect of this, which isn't
completely accounted for in Baudrillard's book. Mostly (if my memory
is correct), the language of the book seems to imply that subjects are
bombarded by simulacra, with little room for response (in an earlier
book Baudrillard mentions grafitti as a possible symbolic response to
advertising).

However, the spread of personal computers means that it's not simply
advertising companies or media professionals who produce simulacra;
all kinds of people all over the globe are able to do it.

So the implications of the (re)production / deconstruction of
simulacra, might be very different, depending on who is doing the
producing, and how and why they are doing so.

~David