Re: [microsound] iConsume some t-shirts

For the record, I don't own Jitter, and I actually like PD a lot for
visual stuff (not so sold on it for DSP, but I get around that by
using VST's inside it). This was my friend's copy of Max+Jitter.
Perhaps it was only an error in the documentation, as at that time I
don't recall any mention of a dx object in the help patch and docs I
looked at... It only mentioned trying to get the camera to work via
quicktime. Is it a newer object perhaps? Otherwise I suspect a simple
documentation error.

Nevertheless, thanks for the info, that is really helpful to know and
I will pass on to my friend, she was VERY frustrated at the time,
about 6 months ago... For myself I'll probably stay with PD for
visuals for now...

~David

On 4/2/07, Graham Wakefield <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 2, 2007, at 12:21 PM, shift8 wrote:

>   * I would be more excited if Cycling 74 were not so Mac-centric ...
>   * I've had problems with their software under WinXP, with the
> paid-for
>     version FYI.
>   * For instance, it was not possible to get a simple $25 webcam to
> run
>     with Jitter, whereas PureData had no problem utilizing the same
>     webcam in WinXP.

Doesn't jit.dx.grab work?

I'm not sure it is so mac-centric.  I found that Jitter (esp. OpenGL
stuff) actually performs better on win, generally speaking.