Re: [microsound] OT: Performing live with laptop

Be careful about plugging a amp output into a computer.

Mike Palace
----- Original Message ----- From: "? ?" <sarahmichellegeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:21 AM
Subject: [microsound] OT: Performing live with laptop

I often put my guitar through my laptop by connecting the guitar amp's output to the laptop's mic input, listening to the results on headphones.

I would like to know how I then go onto output the sound from my laptop in a live setting, perhaps to a guitar amp (i.e. buy a USB input device, plug my guitar directly into that rather than the guitar amp and output the sound to amp) although that would result in a mono output.

Sorry if anyone takes offence at my lack of knowledge or being off-topic; I mean no harm. :-D