[microsound] Re: tinnitus?

i like the "just don't give a shit" strategy, while at the same time trying to commit to more thorough use of ear plugs.  meditation method has got to involve some suspension of disbelief or denial, at least for me, but if it works for someone out there...  at any rate, but how about this:

take a sine wave(s) and tune it into your tinnitus' frequency, then invert.  burn to cd, put on repeat.

probably wouldn't work because of changes and modulations in the tinnitus, or difficulty in proper pitching of the wave at such high frequencies, but it's the first thing that occurred to me and seemed appropriate given the content of the list.  anyone???  there are cds out there which are supposed to make tinnitus less noticable, and they probably operate on the same principle, or just bombardment with high frequency content.  i'm more an expert on music that makes tinnitus more noticable

greg