Re: [microsound] why does iTunes suck...

I can't say that I've ever noticed any difference between QT and iTunes
playback to be honest. I can't recall from memory, but can Sound Check be
switched on in iTunes on yer computer ?

Quick Mac hardware tech question for the macheads here (apologies in
advance) :

Will bus-powered USB 2.0 do the job for hard disc sample playback/recording
on a MBP C2D ? Or is eSATA via expressCard or FW800 external hard disc
absolutely neccesary ?

OWC have these dual interface 200Gb portable HDDs with eSata (SATA I speeds
of 1.5Gbps) and USB 2.0 connectivity - could that be the sweetspot
format-wise for what I'm looking for ; on the fly, go anywhere portable
laptop production set-up (USB) with the option to plug-into the grid for
more heavy duty data transfer speeds (eSATA) ?

Anybody here got one of these drives/views as to their rep/views as to a
better alternative for heat of the wireless moment/insta-tronic music
production ?

(Please forgive my posting this here if this ain't none of yer [preferred]
microsound-making business)

|         |           Graham Miller    |
|         |           <grahammiller@sym|
|         |           patico.ca>       |
|         |           30/10/2007 15:05 |
|         |           microsound       |
  |       To:       microsound <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [microsound] why does iTunes suck...                                                                     |

it is so frustrating.

i mean that's all itunes is SUPPOSED to do and it can't even play
back music... i don't get it!!!

g.

www.cso.ie - the source for all official statistics.