Re: [microsound] renoise

then why use buzz at all?

what's the advantage? why do you like it?

On 16-Nov-07, at 1:39 PM, aleks vasic wrote:

Its great for people who can think musically, i.e. they compose songs on paper without instruments. I saw o9(who is out of the music game now i believe) compose via Buzz on the fly. He would compose 4-5 bars at a time and then assign different instruments and effects searching for different sounds. It was fast, brutal, and impressive. Something i will never be able to do, but then again my parents weren't an opera singer and composer like his were. He was classically trained in music theory from childhood. For some one like this a tracker is a great tool to explore ideas quickly.

I use Buzz, but only the instruments and effects which i load into other programs as vst plug ins. I need a visual type tracker to aid me. I have a hard time in the old school trackers. Like you said, for me its not intuitive, and not creative. At least thats how i justify it!

aLEKs